Become a Markets Stallholder
The Gold Coast Nights Markets have been operating on the Esplanade at the end of Cavill Mall, Surfers Paradise since April 1995. During this time the Beachfront Night Markets have become a Surfers Paradise icon that provide a unique shopping and cultural experience.
Locals and visitors from around the world fill the Surfers Paradise Foreshore each Wednesday and Friday night, keen to admire and purchase an array of homemade products from local stallholders from Northern NSW, the Gold Coast Hinterland and the Sunshine Coast.
Whilst the main purpose of the Beachfront Markets is to provide an ambient and unique shopping experience, the Beachfront Markets also provides the opportunity for people with a creative flair to display their talents and sell their products at one of the most sought-after market experiences on the Gold Coast.
Locals who have created a high-quality product are encouraged to apply for an application to showcase their product at the renowned Surfers Paradise Beachfront Markets.
How do I become a Beachfront Markets Stallholder?
- Read the terms and conditions of the 'Licence to Occupy' before completing the application form
- Complete all questions and sections on the 'application form' (below)
- Surfers Paradise Alliance will review all applications once a month
- Unsuccessful applicants will be advised by email
- Applications being considered will be notified by phone to arrange a viewing of the product, including a full demonstration of how the product is made at your premises
- After viewing the product, Surfers Paradise Alliance will further consider the application and advise the applicant within 1 week, by email of the outcome
- In the event your application is successful, you will need to arrange relevant insurance cover as outlined in the terms and conditions of the 'Licence to Occupy'
- Ensure that you have the entire relevant infrastructure required as outlined in the 'Licence to Occupy' to set up your Market Stall. All electrical equipment and cables must be tested and tagged, and any other relevant items you may need to ensure that your Stall set up complies to workplace health and safety regulations, e.g. (all cables must be off the ground and secured to ensure they do not create a trip hazard) as outline in the terms and conditions of the 'Licence to Occupy'
- Surfers Paradise Alliance will be in contact with you to arrange a start date at the Beachfront Markets and advise you of a stall positions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What nights do I need to attend the markets?
The Beachfront Markets operate on both Wednesday and Friday nights throughout the entire year. As licenses are not issued on a casual basis, successful applicants must attend the markets on both nights.
In the events that a Market is scheduled for a time that coincides with another event such as the Surfers Paradise Festival, Surfers Paradise Alliance will notify in advance of any changes.
What does a market stall cost?
Stalls cost is $46.20 per night. Casual sites are not available.
What do I need to start trading at the markets?
Each stallholder needs a licence to trade at the markets, public liability insurance, tables, lights, power (if required) and a gazebo (with 30kg weights per leg). It is recommended that no money be outlaid until you have been notified that you application has been approved.
How long does it take to process my application?
Applications are processed once a month. Depending on when you submit your application, it may take up to 7 - 8 weeks to process.
Apply now for a 'Licence to Occupy' at the Surfers Paradise Beachfront Markets...